Soleil Levant Organic and Fair Trade Swiss Ground Coffee (250g)
Hurry, low quantity! Hurry! – Only 10 left in stock.
Brand La Semeuse
Frequently Bought Together
Certified organic and Fair Trade – union of taste and conscience. A delightful base of lime and orange blossoms, this coffee’s delectable milk chocolate notes.
Best before date: 26.01.2023
Type: Ground Coffee
Labels: Organic and Fairtrade
Swiss Brand: La Semeuse
Composition: 100% Arabica
Aroma: Fruity, chocolatey
Degree of roast: 3/5
Coffee size: Espresso
Bean origin: Blend of organic coffees from Indonesia and the Amazonian region of Peru.
Origin: CBlend of organic coffees from Indonesia and Peru.
Taste: Certified organic and Fair Trade – a union of taste and conscience. With a delightful base of lime and orange blossoms, the enticement of this coffee’s harmony and delectable milk chocolate notes is impossible to resist.
High altitude roasting in the Swiss mountains: Roasted in the mountains of the city of "la Chaux-de-Fonds" in Switzerland. Roasting at an altitude of 1000 meters allows the bean to flourish at a temperature which does not affect its essential aroma or flavors. The atmospheric pressure being lower at high altitude than at sea level, boiling occurs at a lower temperature. This physical property acts favorably on the quality of the coffees of La Semeuse, which are distinguished by their subtle power, their lack of bitterness and acidity.
EU Organic Label ensures:
a) at least 95% of the ingredients coming from organic farming
b) a clear separation between organic and conventional products, during the production as well as during the stocking of the products
c) a complete interdiction of using genetically modified products, even in the animal feed
d) a strong limitation in the use of antibiotics on animals
e) the following of specific rules regarding animal welfare such as the size of the stable of the number of animals per sqm.
Fair Trade Label ensures:
a) Income sustainability: By making sure producers, workers, farmers, and fishermen have the money needed to invest in their lives and their work.
b) Empowerment: Rigorous standards give farmers, workers, and fishermen a voice in the workplace and the community.
c) Individual and community well-being: A model is fueled by committees of farmers, workers, and fishermen who decide how to invest the Fair Trade Premium based on their community's greatest needs: often clean water, education, and healthcare.
d) Environmental stewardship: Keep the planet healthy for generations to come by prohibiting the most harmful chemicals and taking measures to protect natural resources.
Health and environment: Vegan
The perfect Natural Swiss Cookies and Snacks to accompany your premium gourmet coffee are available on Switzerluxe!
Coffee can be enjoyed as is (black coffee), or mixed with milk or cream. It is frequently sweet, and sometimes we add chocolate or spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom to it. Iced coffee drinks have recently spread, but it is usually served hot. The taste for coffee isn’t spontaneous, it must be cultivated, for its flavor is strong.
Coffee can be served with milk or cream:
Coffee can be enjoyed as is (black coffee), or mixed with milk or cream (latte coffee / cafe latte). It is frequently sweet, and sometimes we add chocolate or spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom to it. Iced coffee drinks have recently spread, but it is usually served hot. The taste for coffee isn’t spontaneous, it must be cultivated, for its flavor is strong.
Among the most popular types of coffee drinks, we can mention:
- latte coffee, or caffè latte, obtained by mixing a volume of milk for a volume of coffee
- latte macchiato (spotted milk) which differs from caffe latte in that this drink contains more milk in liquid form and in the form of foam
- coffee coffee, a coffee in which you add a little cream or a cloud of milk; In French-speaking Switzerland, coffee with added milk is called "reversed"
- the hazelnut, an espresso coffee in which one adds a cloud of milk
- cappuccino, an espresso on which milk froth is placed, usually sprinkled with cocoa powder
- chocolate coffee, a coffee in which you melt an equal volume of chocolate
- Liège coffee, a cold drink with coffee and ice cream
- Irish coffee, an alcoholic drink prepared with a volume of whiskey for three volumes of coffee
- the Viennese coffee, or espresso con panna, a preparation consisting of a fairly light elongated espresso, to which hot milk with whipped cream is added, and like cappuccino, the Viennese coffee is embellished with chocolate powder or sprinkles.
Unlike conventional food, coffee does not have an expiration date, it is more about the deadline for an optimal use (best before date) after which the taste quality begins decreasing. For full enjoyment of La Semeuse coffee's distinctive taste qualities – body, aroma, flavour – we recommend a Best Before date. Past the Best Before date, coffee taste qualities gradually lose strength.
- In an airtight box or a perfectly closed hermetic bag
- Protected from light and moisture and at room temperature (avoid extreme hot / cold temperatures)
- For longer storage, the freezer may be an option
Shelf life after opening the package:
- Ground Coffee: After opening can be kept 2 to 4 weeks (read coffee storage section below). After that period its organoleptic properties begin degrading.
- Coffee Bean: After opening can be kept 3 to 4 months (read coffee storage section below). After that period its organoleptic properties begin degrading.
High altitude roasting takes away bitterness and acidity:
Roasting at an altitude of 1000 meters allows the bean to roast at a temperature which does not affect its essential aroma or flavors. The atmospheric pressure being lower than at sea level, boiling occurs at a lower temperature. This physical property acts favorably on the quality of coffees from La Semeuse, which are distinguished by their subtle power, lack of bitterness and acidity.
The art of torrefaction:
It’s only once it is roasted that coffee acquires its color, exquisite aroma and delicious taste. La Semeuse roasts in drum roasters using an ancient method that has allowed production secrets to be passed from generation to generation, guaranteeing the authenticity of La Semeuse coffees. Nevertheless, although the roasting process is based on an artisanal method, it is controlled with the help of the most recent and most reliable tools, which allows La Semeuse coffees’ quality and taste to remain consistent and irreproachable.
|Swiss Brand||La Semeuse|
|Labels||Organic, Fair Trade|
|Aromatic Profile||Fruity, Chocolatey|
|Degree of Roast||3/5|
|Particularity||Roasted at 1000m altitude|
|Country of Origin||Switzerland|