Colombia Planadas, Organic Single Origin Coffee Beans (250g)
Hurry, low quantity! Hurry! – Only 10 left in stock.
Brand La Semeuse
Frequently Bought Together
Colombia Planadas, Organic Single Origin Coffee Beans (250g)
A fresh and fragrant coffee, evoquing fine notes of fruit. The ideal union of a gourmet coffee with the gentle sweetness of vanilla.
Type: Whole Bean, 100% Organic, Single Origin, High Altitude Roasting
Swiss Brand: La Semeuse
Composition: 100% Arabica
Aroma: Floral, fruity, mild
Taste: Grape, vanilla and honey
Bean Origin: PLANADAS - COLOMBIA. From a volcanic soil with rather unique qualities.
Origin: PLANADAS - COLOMBIA, originally from the Planadas and Gaitania terroirs, south of the Tolima region, this coffee is grown in a high altitude area very often covered by clouds.
We fell in love with this coffee, which is part of a high altitude organic production (1600 - 2000 m). Fully washed then fermented, the coffee is produced from heritage varieties such as Bourbon, Typica, Caturra, Castillo and Colombia, which are very rare today. The main harvest takes place from May to June (70%) and the mid-crop (the "mitaca") is from October to January (30%).
This coffee is produced by two cooperatives of indigenous coffee growers - more than 240 families from the NASA WE'SX community – in the Planadas and Gaitania terroirs. Every farmer owns about 2 to 4 hectares. These terroirs are protected lands for these native peoples, and each hectare contains more than 6000 trees. They are the caretakers of one of the largest natural reserves in Colombia. This land and their beliefs, caring for Mother Earth, make them the best allies to produce one of the most delicious organic coffees in Colombia. They have joined forces to form several organisations of coffee producers in order to promote their coffee culture, safeguard income for their families and strengthen their community.
Taste: A fresh and fragrant coffee, evoking fine notes of fruit. The perfect combination of a smooth and gourmet coffee with the gentle sweetness of fruity aromas. A coffee renowned for the unique qualities of its terroir: delicate, floral and complex, boasting remarkable length on the palate.
High altitude roasting in the Swiss mountains: Roasted in the mountains of the city of "la Chaux-de-Fonds" in Switzerland. Roasting at an altitude of 1000 meters allows the bean to flourish at a temperature which does not affect its essential aroma or flavors. The atmospheric pressure being lower at high altitude than at sea level, boiling occurs at a lower temperature. This physical property acts favorably on the quality of the coffees of La Semeuse, which are distinguished by their subtle power, their lack of bitterness and acidity.
Health and environment: Vegan, Organic
The perfect Natural Swiss Cookies and Snacks to accompany your premium gourmet coffee are available on Switzerluxe!
Coffee can be enjoyed as is (black coffee), or mixed with milk or cream. It is frequently sweet, and sometimes we add chocolate or spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom to it. Iced coffee drinks have recently spread, but it is usually served hot. The taste for coffee isn’t spontaneous, it must be cultivated, for its flavor is strong.
Coffee can be served with milk or cream:
Coffee can be enjoyed as is (black coffee), or mixed with milk or cream (latte coffee / cafe latte). It is frequently sweet, and sometimes we add chocolate or spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom to it. Iced coffee drinks have recently spread, but it is usually served hot. The taste for coffee isn’t spontaneous, it must be cultivated, for its flavor is strong.
Among the most popular types of coffee drinks, we can mention:
- latte coffee, or caffè latte, obtained by mixing a volume of milk for a volume of coffee
- latte macchiato (spotted milk) which differs from caffe latte in that this drink contains more milk in liquid form and in the form of foam
- coffee coffee, a coffee in which you add a little cream or a cloud of milk; In French-speaking Switzerland, coffee with added milk is called "reversed"
- the hazelnut, an espresso coffee in which one adds a cloud of milk
- cappuccino, an espresso on which milk froth is placed, usually sprinkled with cocoa powder
- chocolate coffee, a coffee in which you melt an equal volume of chocolate
- Liège coffee, a cold drink with coffee and ice cream
- Irish coffee, an alcoholic drink prepared with a volume of whiskey for three volumes of coffee
- the Viennese coffee, or espresso con panna, a preparation consisting of a fairly light elongated espresso, to which hot milk with whipped cream is added, and like cappuccino, the Viennese coffee is embellished with chocolate powder or sprinkles.
Unlike conventional food, coffee does not have an expiration date, it is more about the deadline for an optimal use (best before date) after which the taste quality begins decreasing. For full enjoyment of La Semeuse coffee's distinctive taste qualities – body, aroma, flavour – we recommend a Best Before date. Past the Best Before date, coffee taste qualities gradually lose strength.
- In an airtight box or a perfectly closed hermetic bag
- Protected from light and moisture and at room temperature (avoid extreme hot / cold temperatures)
- For longer storage, the freezer may be an option
Shelf life after opening the package:
- Ground Coffee: After opening can be kept 2 to 4 weeks (read coffee storage section below). After that period its organoleptic properties begin degrading.
- Coffee Bean: After opening can be kept 3 to 4 months (read coffee storage section below). After that period its organoleptic properties begin degrading.
High altitude roasting takes away bitterness and acidity:
Roasting at an altitude of 1000 meters allows the bean to roast at a temperature which does not affect its essential aroma or flavors. The atmospheric pressure being lower than at sea level, boiling occurs at a lower temperature. This physical property acts favorably on the quality of coffees from La Semeuse, which are distinguished by their subtle power, lack of bitterness and acidity.
The art of torrefaction:
It’s only once it is roasted that coffee acquires its color, exquisite aroma and delicious taste. La Semeuse roasts in drum roasters using an ancient method that has allowed production secrets to be passed from generation to generation, guaranteeing the authenticity of La Semeuse coffees. Nevertheless, although the roasting process is based on an artisanal method, it is controlled with the help of the most recent and most reliable tools, which allows La Semeuse coffees’ quality and taste to remain consistent and irreproachable.
|Name||Colombia Planadas, Organic Single Origin Coffee Beans (250g)|
|Swiss Brand||La Semeuse|
|Aromatic Profile||Floral, fruity, mild|
|Taste Note||Grape, vanilla and honey|
|Coffee Size||Ristretto, Espresso|
|Particularity||Roasted at 1000m altitude|
|Country of Origin||Switzerland|